SMART System FAQ
SMART Display FAQs
· How much power does the SMART Display use?
o It uses very little power. Typically it uses less power than a small digital alarm clock. The display is the only part that is active when it is not receiving an update from the SMART Reader, recording the internal temperature or making a phone call.
· How accurate are the fuel level and outside temperature readings?
o The outside temperature may vary depending on if the tank is shaded or not. The temperature is accurate to within 2% when it is read. Remember that the SMART Display is only updated every 3 hours, so the reading may be as much as 3 hours old.
· When does the SMART Display use the phone?
o Under normal circumstances, it only makes one call per day (in the middle of the night). The phone call lasts less than one minute, and is made to a local number. If something unexpected occurs on a fuel level reading it may make a short phone call to inform Kamps of the situation.
· Where does it call?
o After the SMART Display is installed, it will call and 800 number and request its configuration information. This includes a local number for the SMART Display to call for its normal nightly reports.
· Will the SMART Display ever answer the phone?
· What happens if I accidentally disconnect the SMART Display from power, or we have a power failure?
o When power is restored, the SMART Display will self reset. It will detect a dial tone and return to it’s normal state.
· What happens is the SMART Display is disconnected from the phone line?
o Kamps will notice that there have been no updates from your system and contact you.
· If the SMART Display displays an unreadable message, what should I do?
o Contact Kamps. They may help you to reset your SMART Display.
· What is the SMART Display monitoring in my house?
o The SMART Display monitors only the indoor temperature.
· Can the SMART Display be used to report if my indoor temperature goes too low or too high?
o The SMART Display can report unexpectedly low temperatures, but the SMART Display does not have a high temperature alarm.
SMART Reader FAQs
· Does the SMART Reader require batteries?
o No. It has a small solar panel which gathers enough light to power the SMART Reader even during cloudy winter days in full shade.
· How can I tell if the SMART Reader is working?
o The SMART Reader has no lights, buzzers, or status indicators. If the SMART Display does not receive a periodic update from the SMART Reader, it will make a phone call and relay the problem to Kamps. There is no need to do anything as the home owner.
· Who should I contact if the SMART Reader is damaged?
o Contact Kamps. If it is physically damaged (broken case, damaged cables, etc), it may still be working but may not be as reliable as it should be.
· Is there anything in the SMART Reader that can hurt animals or children?
o No there are no sharp edges, no dangerous voltages, and no chemicals in the SMART Reader.